Queensland Airports Limited (QAL) is Australia’s leading regional airport operator with significant investment in airports servicing regional Queensland and Northern New South Wales. QAL owns and operates Gold Coast, Townsville, Longreach and Mount Isa Airports. Their mission is to be the best regional airport owner and operator in Australia.
Due to an exciting phase of growth, Queensland Airports Limited are seeking a Treasury Business Analyst to join the team based at our Head Office on the Gold Coast. Reporting to the General Manager Analytics, Treasury and Aero Pricing, the primary purpose of this role is to assist the QAL Group in achieving its corporate objectives in relation to treasury activities, financial modelling, and reporting.
The key objectives of this position include (but aren’t limited to):
- Ownership of the long term financial forecasting model for the purpose of business planning, debt financing, tax planning, shareholder valuations and business investment decisions.
- Ownership of QAL’s model’s to support analysis for business cases, including IRR analysis.
- Streamlining all QAL models to support business decisions, airlines, passengers, car parks and retail.
- Assisting airport management with airline pricing negotiations and new carrier/route proposals, including ownership of building block models.
- Assisting with the debt strategy for the group and liaising with the banks.
What you will bring to QAL
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance or Commerce.
- Demonstrated Treasury experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience working with complex financial modelling, with an advanced knowledge of MS Excel is essential.
- Experience with regulated pricing models and building block models will be looked on favourably.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented team of professionals in a dynamic and growing organisation. This role will be for an initial term of 12 months.
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) and have the ability to obtain an Airport Security Identification Card (ASIC) to work at the airport.
To apply for this position, please click the appropriate link or send a copy of your resume and cover letter to RecruitmentQAL@qldairports.com.au.